Location: WestConnex St Peters Interchange
Duration: 2 years
Value: $3.8 million
Project Scope Overview
MFS Contracting was selected to complete several work packages including the relocation of major infrastructure assets for the widening of Gardeners Road and Bourke Road junction.
Scope of works went from the Pacific Highway to O’Riordan Street on Gardeners Road, from Campbell Street to Rickety Street on Burrows Road and from Church St to Collins St on Bourke Rd.
- Removal of all overhead comms/ electrical assets to allow commissioning of hundreds of metres of new underground cable.
- Removal of existing substations.
- Construction of new substation easements.
- Installation of new streetlight and smart pole footings.
- Excavation and reinstatement of all shared trenches to include comms, electricity, and gas.
- Construction of road crossings up to and including 4 metres deep.
- Preparation for new kerb and gutter.
- ITS cabinet footing construction
- Overhead detection Footings.
- Reinstatement of protection slabs for high pressure gas and transmission lines.
- The reinstatement of open cut trenching in RMS roads to correct spec including dowel bar installation, concrete and asphalt placement.
- The construction of precast/concrete in situ comms pits for majors Fibre asset owners.
Due to MFS Contracting’s performance on the project, our scope of works was extended for a further 12 months. MFS crews carried out all the excavation and reinstatement for Jemena and Telstra’s remaining project scope whilst also completing multiple ITS relocation projects.
- The coordination of resources during the projects 68 planned outages.
- Tight time frame and program.
- Tight access and congested areas with multiples contractors working in the same areas.
- Work in easements which were highly congested with live underground and overhead services.
- Provided multiple skilled/experienced crews to work on multiple work fronts day and night.
- Working in conjunction with other contractors to provide best possible outcome for our clients
- Clear and effective planning and communication